Neurofunctional research methods help the clinician-neurologist to confirm the diagnosis, determine the degree and nature of lesion, choose the optimal treatment tactics and correct the possibilities of restoring the affected structures of central and peripheral nervous system.
In our medical center the neurofunctional diagnostics room is equipped with one of the most modern diagnostic complexes "Neuron-Spectrum +", which performs the following studies:
- Video-EEG monitoring
Electroencephalography (EEG) is a research method that records the slightest changes in the bioelectric activity of cells in the cerebral cortex - neurons. EEG registration is of clinical importance in such pathological conditions as:
- Sleep disorder
- Non-epileptic paroxysmal movement disorders (tic, chorea, amitosis, dystonia, and dyskinesia)
- Psychoverbal development delays
- Volumetric, traumatic and inflammatory brain changes
- Loss of consciousness.
The study is carried out by using special sensors located on the patient’s head, and is a safe non-invasive diagnostic method for children and adults.
Electroneuromyography (ENMG) is an important method of studying the state of peripheral nerves, muscles and neuromuscular associations. This method allows to determine the speed of impulse along the nerve, the state of the muscle at rest, during voluntary movements and when activated by an electrical stimulus. Stimulation and needle ENMG are used. But more often it is stimulating.
By analyzing the ENMG indicators, a doctor can determine the location, nature, stage and prevalence of the pathological process.
ENMG is an absolutely safe diagnostic method and at the same time very informative, as it makes it possible to distinguish a number of diseases that have clinically similar manifestations.
ENMG is used to diagnose the following conditions:
- Peripheral nerve lesions (neuropathy)
- Multiple peripheral nerves damage (polyneuropathy)
- Spinal roots lesions (radiculopathy)
- Spinal cord lesions (ALS- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis , SMA- spinal muscular atrophy)
- Damage of the muscle connection nerves (myasthenia gravis and myasthenic syndromes)
- Muscle damage (myopathy, myositis).
At Bersenev’s Medical Center you can undergo examinations after consulting with a neurologist. These examinations are prescribed by the doctors of the medical center after consultation, and are carried out by the neurologist Biliuk Iulia Oleksandrivna.