Do I need to have examinations with me for the initial appointment with a neurologist?
Not necessary. After the primary inspection, the doctor will prescribe necessary examinations for you.
But if you have done any examinations before, take them with you.
This will help the doctor in diagnosis establishing.
Before the initial appointment, the patient must fill out the MEDICAL APPLICATION FORM.
This application form was developed by the doctors of our medical center and contains only those questions that are really necessary and helpful in establishing diagnosis and prescription of treatment.
It is advisable to prepare for some questions in the APPLICATION FORM yet at home.
- 1. Highlight the main thing that worries you. If something hurts, the doctor needs to know: how it hurts, how much it hurts, where and how often it hurts, what the pain is provoked with.
- 2. Make a list of drugs you are taking (write down the name, dose and frequency of use).
- 3. If you suffer from pressure fluctuations, prepare a measurement table of blood pressure fluctuations in the morning-evening during the week.
- 4. In case of headaches, information about the frequency of pain is needed; what pain is provoked with, what symptoms accompany it, and what drugs help to reduce it.
- 5. Information on allergic reactions is needed.
- 6. Write down the questions you would like to ask your doctor.
The initial consultation lasts 1 hour. There is plenty of time, but you need to make the most of every minute of your appointment.
The appointment includes: collecting of anamnesis and patient complaints, studying medical documents, a complete neurological examination, explanation of the patient complaints occurrence, establishing diagnosis, prescribing examinations if necessary, prescribing treatment.
At the very appointment, it is important for the patient:
- 1. The main complaints should be announced to the doctor at the very beginning of the appointment so that the consultation is as effective as possible.
- 2. Be prepared that the neurological examination includes testing all types of sensitivity, reflexes. That is, during the examination you will need to undress to your underwear.
- 3. If the patient wishes to begin the course of treatment, it is possible with the conducting of allergic tests.
After the initial admission, all patients receive medical report, in which the doctor will indicate the diagnosis, prescriptions and all necessary additional examinations.
In case of mobility issues, you may need an attendance. In addition, it is difficult to assimilate all the information at the doctor’s appointment. Therefore, a loved one will help you with this.
Remember that most medical conditions require regular interaction with a trusted attending doctor.